The first week of Stage 4 of the Overwatch League is already underway and only 9 more matches are left to be played over the next few days. Before we take a look at them and analyze the betting opportunities they offer, let’s see how the teams ended Stage 3 and what has happened so far throughout the entire league.
Stage 3 Standings Table
- 1st place: Boston Uprising (10 W – 0 L)
- 2ND place: New York Excelsior (9 W – 1 L)
- 3rd place: Los Angeles Valiant (7 W – 3 L)
- 4th place: Los Angeles Gladiators (6 W – 4 L)
- 5th place: San Francisco Shock (6 W – 4 L)
- 6th place: London Spitfire (5 W – 5 L)
- 7th place: Seoul Dynasty (5 W – 5 L)
- 8th place: Philadelphia Fusion (5 W – 5 L)
- 9th place: Houston Outlaws (4 W – 6 L)
- 10th place: Florida Mayhem (2 W – 8 L)
- 11th place: Dallas Fuel (1 W – 9 L)
- 12th place: Shanghai Dragons (0 W – 10 L)
The Title Matches for this stage ended with the following results:
- 1st place: New York Excelsior
- 2nd place: Boston Uprising
- 3rd – 4th place: Los Angeles Gladiators and Los Angeles Valiant
Overall Results for the First 3 Stages
- 1st place: New York Excelsior (27 W – 3 L)
- 2nd place: Boston Uprising (22 W – 8 L)
- 3rd place: London Spitfire (20 W – 10 L)
- 4th place: Seoul Dynasty (19 W – 11 L)
- 5th place: Los Angeles Valiant (18 W – 12 L)
- 6th place: Philadelphia Fusion (18 W – 12 L)
- 7th place: Houston Outlaws (16 W – 14 L)
- 8th place: Los Angeles Gladiators (16 W – 14 L)
- 9th place: San Francisco Shock (12 W – 18 L)
- 10th place: Dallas Fuel (6 W – 24 L)
- 11th place: Florida Mayhem (6 W – 24 L)
- 12th place: Shanghai Dragons (0 W – 30 L)
Boston Uprising vs. Philadelphia Fusion
Match day: May 17th
Boston Uprising ended Stage 3 with a formidable record of 10 wins and 0 losses. The team was extremely dominant from start to finish and only lost in the Grand Final of the Title Matches, against New York Excelsior. One thing that worries me a bit is the fact that their head coach has left the team and joined San Francisco Shock. Still, in spite of this loss, it’s likely that we’ll see a Stage 4 Boston Uprising that’s just as good as it was in Stage 3.
Philadelphia Fusion had a mediocre performance in Stage 3, ending in 8th place with 5 victories and 5 defeats. Its most important wins came against Houston Outlaws and London Spitfire. Overall, the team did poorly against most of the top contenders so, in principle, Boston Uprising should get a pretty convincing victory in this match.
Boston Uprising and Philadelphia Fusion met each other before on 3 separate occasions. Uprising won the first and the last, while Fusion won the second. Apart from these results, both overall and recent form statistics favor Boston Uprising to win this match.
Betway puts the odds at 1.55 – 2.30 in favor of Boston Uprising and at these odds, a bet on Uprising is definitely worthwhile. This is a rare low-risk high return type of bet.
Betting prediction: Boston Uprising to win.
New York Excelsior vs. Florida Mayhem
Match day: May 17th>
As the overall results table clearly shows, New York Excelsior is the strongest and most consistent team in the Overwatch League. Excelsior finished Stage 3 with 9 wins and 1 loss (against Boston Uprising) and then went on to win the Title Matches, getting revenge and defeating Uprising in the Grand Final without losing a single map. Excelsior also won the Title Matches in Stage 2 and placed second in the Title Matches of Stage 1.
So far, Florida Mayhem has been one of the weakest teams in the league, ending Stage 1, 2 and 3 with a record of just 6 wins and 24 losses. That’s a win rate of just 20%. By comparison, New York Excelsior’s win rate has been 90%.
The head to head record, recent form, and overall form statistics all favor New York Excelsior to win this match. Excelsior shouldn’t lose a single map here, but a 3 – 1 result is probably the safest assumption when placing your bet.
Betway puts the odds for this match at 1.03 – 9.00 in favor of New York Excelsior, as this is basically free money to be made. Betting prediction: New York Excelsior to win.
Houston Outlaws vs. London Spitfire
Match day: May 17th
In spite of being a strong team with a lot of potential, Houston Outlaws had a terrible Stage 3, finishing with 4 wins and 6 losses (9th place). However, it still won some great matches against the top contenders and also against its next opponent, London Spitfire.
London Spitfire was another great team that suffered a steep decline in Stage 3, finishing 6th with 5 wins and 5 losses. Among the most important teams, it defeated were Los Angeles Valiant, Seoul Dynasty, and San Francisco Shock.
Houston Outlaws and London Spitfire met each other before on 4 separate occasions. With one exception, Houston Outlaws won every time. However, both overall performance and recent form statistics indicate London Spitfire as the favorite.
Betway puts the odds for this match at 2.40 – 1.50 in favor of London Spitfire and at these odds, it’s probably a wiser choice to bet on Outlaws. This team is not exactly the underdog here but it’s viewed that way simply because of its overall Stage 3 performance. Betting prediction: Houston Outlaws to win.